Free Report: "How to Avoid a Roofing Scam"
Need a Roofing Contractor?
When hiring a roofing company or a roofing contractor, there are several important things you must consider before making a commitment to any one roofing company. There are a wide variety of roofing contractor scams out there - this free roofing report which will help you make the best decision that is right for you, your family and your home when picking a roofing company.
How to Avoid a Roofing Scam
The easiest way to avoid a roofing contractor scam is to do your research first.
Find out if your roofing contractor is a good choice by checking with the local Better Business Bureau, and see if they are a member. This will give you a good idea of how long they have been around our area, and will indicate whether or not they are just here for now and will be gone when there is a problem. Also, you can call your local municipality and run a check for their license as you want to make sure you are working with a licensed roofing contractor. The BBB listing will also tell you if the Contractor has worked in other areas of the country and how they performed there. With today's social media and advanced information abilities, a roofer's reputation will follow him and can be found online simply by doing a little research.
How to Detect a Rip-Off Roofing Company
If a Roofing Contractor asks for payment upfront, beware. Most reputable roofing contractors will carry good credit lines with more than one supplier. Therefore, a material deposit is not needed. If they ask for money for a deposit, this is a sign of weak credit history and is a huge red flag.
What to Ask Roofing Companies Before Hiring Them
Below is a list of questions to ask roofing companies before you make a choice on who to hire:
* May I have a list of references from some of your past roofing jobs?
* How long have you been in the roofing companies business?
* How many leaks have you had reported this year from roofs you installed?
* Do you have any complaints filed with the BBB (this you can verify yourself as well)?
* How long is your roofing companies warranty and what does it cover?
* What is your time frame? (you want them on and off your roof in a week's time or less)
* In regards to clean up: Is it your responsibility, or theirs? Do they run a magnet to pick up loose nails? Do they clean up scrap shingles or metal roofing?
What to Look for in Roofing Contractors
So far we have covered what you don't want in roofing contractors, but what DO you want? First and foremost, you want legitimate roofing contractors. Make sure you consider which roofing contractors will be there down the road if something were to go wrong. A solid, local based roofing contractor with roots in your area is typically better than a nationwide roofing company because they are more likely to take a personal stake in the work they do. If you follow all the suggestions listed in this roofing report, you should have a very easy time finding roofing contractors who are respectable, responsible and has a good local reputation.
Secondly, make sure you trust the roofing contractors you are working with. Don't let a pushy salesman convince you to go with him, just because he talks a good game. Ask him how long he has been with his roofing contractors. Check out his answers and do the research on his company. Make sure you feel good about the roofing contractors you hire!
What to Avoid when Picking a Roofing Company
* Avoid any un-licensed/un-insured/un-bonded roofing company
* Avoid roofing companies who have too many complaints with the BBB
* Avoid any roofing company that cannot or will not provide you with references
* Avoid roofing companies with pushy sales people
* Avoid any roofing company that can't get the job done in under a week from start to finish
* Avoid roofing company's who don't do their own clean up
* Avoid roofing companies you don't trust or that you don't have a good feeling about
* Avoid any companies which aren't local roofing contractors
*Applies to non-storm related areas
Copyright © Southern Pride Roofing & Construction LLC. All rights reserved.